Calculate your prize for free and plan your budget in accordance to what you need.
Speak to our support if there is need for guidance or for help about how our system works.
make an order of your choice and only pay after you are sure of the variables.
Get in touch with your writer and track the progress of your order.
One question that stays persistently in the minds of students throughout their time in college is what an ideal introduction should contain. While many different types of papers will require you to approach the introduction differently, some features of an introduction stand out. An introduction should be tactical and should intuit the reader into wanting to delve deeper into the content of your work. An introduction acts as a teaser, giving the reader a reason to look forward to the rest of the paper or book. For stories, introductions may take different angles, for instance, in a story, the introduction may give the reader a peak into the relevant themes, while in more academic settings, the introduction often contains a thesis statement that lets the reader know what the rest of the work will be about. In this guide, we explore the details on how to write an introduction. We show you how to write an introduction to a research paper and how to write an introduction for an essay.
Contrary to what many students may think, writing an introduction is challenging. This is because there are many variables to be considered before writing the introduction. Apart from the topic in question, context and rationale of your research, the length of the paper matters. However, once the introduction is written, it should set the tone for the rest of the paper, capture the reader’s attention and make clear the thesis and hypothesis.
• Length. It may be tempting to write an introduction that goes on and on, but this may only put the reader off and make you lose marks. Let the introduction mirror the outline of your paper to help you write a good number of words that does not overwhelm the reader.
• Define the problem. Defining the problem involves telling the reader what the research is about. Logically, the introductory phase of the paper should end with the thesis statement. The reader should, therefore, be aware of the problem and what the paper aims to achieve. Since the conclusion usually refers back to the introduction, it pays to have a good and understandable introduction.
• Organize your introduction. As you write, you may find that the paper takes a different direction that will eventually require you to adjust your introduction. Do not be afraid to make these adjustments as they are key to enabling the reader to understand what the paper is about. It may be helpful to finish drafting your paper before writing the introduction fully.
• Background to your research. This part of the introduction shortly sets the scene and warms up the reader’s mind with a brief description of what is previously known in the field. Sticking to only a relevant section of this information is important. This will help lead the reader to the next part of the introduction as outlined below.
• The rationale of the paper. In this part of the paper, the author reveals the aim of their research which may be to fill in gaps in research or to look at a topic that has not been delved into before or improving previous research. This is then followed by the methodology, or how you hope to achieve these results.
• Limitations. Instead of waiting for the reader to get the weaknesses of the study in the discussion section, you can highlight the weaknesses of the study in the introduction. This helps the reader make judgements on the research’s validity.
• Assumptions. Basic principles are set before the beginning of an experiment. You should, therefore, highlight these assumptions and set the record straight from the beginning.
The introduction of an essay acts as an entry point into the paper and should, therefore, include an attention grabber. An attention grabber can be just about anything, as long as it will resonate with the reader in one way or another. Some ideas for an attention grabber/hook for an introduction include:
• Astounding information. Startling information does not necessarily need to be new. However, it needs to be verifiable. Make use of pertinent facts to bring out an interesting introduction. Follow your topic sentence with two more that will explain your point.
• Dialogue. Apart from startling facts, you can make use of dialogue. You may not identify the speakers, but ensure that you pass the point appropriately. To ensure this type of hook is effective, use a few exchanges (two or three) between the speakers and elaborate using two or three other sentences.
• Anecdotes. Anecdotes are short stories used to pass a point. Ensure your anecdote remains brief, precise and relevant to the topic.
• Summarized information. You can choose to explain your topic in general terms and eventually lead the reader to the thesis of the paper. This is also an effective hook method that will earn you marks from your instructor.
This first part of the introduction acts as an orientation for the rest of the paper, but what makes the picture complete? Aha! You guessed it right, the thesis statement. Imagine the thesis statement as the actual response to the question being asked. An introduction is therefore similar to how a funnel presents itself: wide at the top and narrow at the bottom- starting with the general information then narrowing down to the specifics. Unlike research introductions, we have established that essay introductions can be started with a series of different attention grabbers. However, some students may still find themselves in a position whereby they need guidance or help with their essays. It is at this point that we encourage that you make contact with us. Our qualified and professional team will make the necessary arrangements to see to it that your concerns are fully addressed. We will work with you hand in hand to help you produce a startling introduction that will amalgamate well with the rest of your paper and make you the ultimate achiever.
Those are some points that can help in the write-up and production of the best introduction paragraph. Though it is different when the topics are given, same points can be used to come up with the any introduction. As we have been doing with all our clients, some points may be unclear and may need to be explained and tutored for more examples and an in depth understanding of the essay. Therefore, whenever there is a need to get the most professional writing of the introduction paragraph, just click the button on make order above and give us some job as instructed by you as you wait for the quality introduction and any other form of writing. Get yourself the best tutor that will write your introduction to research papers essay papers that have been given as an assignment. This will in turn help training you at the comfort of your house and with less work to.
You wil not be asked to pay for the title and bibliography pages as it is our duty to provide and format it for free.
Our team of support staffs are online throughout to make sure that they answer all your questions and guide you where necessary
You may want the writer to submit the progressive report of the work you are expecting. It is a free service from us
Rarely the writers miss the point that you gave in the instructions. You are allowed to ask for free unlimited revisions
You are always eligible for the total refund of your money if we lack to provide the ordered paper or the service is not rendered
We have different types of writers and sometimes you want to make only one writer be the one that will handle all your papers.
writers currently hired
Orders Completed so far
Support staff working